Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day Blues

I can't stand double standards... or political correctness... or media bias.

So I decided not to ruin my Tuesday by watching the television broadcast of the swearing in of Obama, which I was sure would have no shortage of all three.

Unfortunately, my day job requires me to spend much of my time at customer's homes.

...and much to my chagrin, the morning of the inauguration I was forced to spend three hours with a guy who watched the whole thing.

Did anyone else see what I saw?

The first thing that came to mind was Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. Obama's reception was messianic. Quite disturbing. Like one might expect for a king, not a public servant.

As the morning wore on, I started to get a foreboding sense of something gone wrong.

Though I have never felt it, I imagine it would be akin to the feeling of knowing you just married the wrong person.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," I said to myself.

My intuition tells me that having a super liberal president in an unholy alliance with mass media is a recipe for the end of all that remains of our Christian heritage.

..and with Democrats in control of the House and Senate, what recourse is there for God-fearing people in the face of such odds.

We are about to go past the point of no return.

Life in America in about to get jacked up.

Maybe the Lord allows such things to happen to drive us to our knees.

God help us to hear your voice and follow you wholeheartedly.

Even though things look bleak, I put my trust in you, Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment